SMA News Forums Forums Welcome Lounge Hi there!

• Hi there!

Posted by simone on December 6, 2022 at 3:52 pm

Hi everyone,

I recently joined and thought I should introduce myself. My name is Simone, I have SMA Type 2 and I currently live in New Hampshire with my husband, Mike of 1 year and our 2 furbabies, Elijah and Chomps. My hope is to make friends with other SMA patients.

deann-r replied 1 year, 4 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • blake-watson

December 6, 2022 at 5:23 pm

Hey Simone! I’m Blake. I also have SMA type 2. I would be freezing if I lived where you are. I’m in Mississippi.

• simone

December 9, 2022 at 6:39 pm

Hey Blake,

Nice to meet you. Believe or not, I grew up in sunny South Florida! I don’t mind the cold, I’ve been all over New England and this the furtherest north I have ever lived 🙂

• alyssa-silva

December 6, 2022 at 7:31 pm

Hey Simone! Welcome to the forums. I’m a moderator here and also don’t live too far from you. I’m in RI. ???? Looking forward to getting to know you better!

• simone

December 9, 2022 at 7:11 pm

Hiya neighbor! Nice to meet you 🙂 Sorry this so late, I spent the morning trying to convince Urgent Care that I don’t have Covid and lost my voice because of laryngitis.  I could’ve saved two hours, so I have been putting it off all week and now I’m trying to get everything done for work so I can enjoy the weekend.

• deann-r

December 7, 2022 at 10:33 am

Welcome Simone! Glad to have you with us. We’ve got a great group, so don’t hesitate to chime in. I’m also a moderator with Alyssa, so if you have any questions please reach out. Congratulations on a year of marriage! What kind of furbabies? I have 2 cats and a service dog myself.

• simone

December 9, 2022 at 6:50 pm

I have two boy dogs. Mine is Pomeranian/Sheltie mix, he looks exactly like a red fox. Hubby’s is a beige Wheaten Terrier. Whenever they very quiet, I know they’re up to no good together.

• deann-r

December 13, 2022 at 8:48 am

I know what you mean. When my two cats are quiet there’s a 50/50 chance they’re napping or getting into trouble. They sure keep life interesting don’t they?