SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Holiday Shopping Frustrations

• Holiday Shopping Frustrations

Posted by deann-r on December 4, 2020 at 2:04 pm

With everything going on in the world this is probably a petty thing to complain about, but it is frustrating.  Even though I’ve had COVID, I still don’t care for crowded places like stores.  As I’ve been doing since March, my shopping is limited to online or curbside pick up.  Great.  Only key pieces I need to complete my gifts seem to be chronically sold out.  I see in store sales that are enticing but there’s no chance I’m going.  Online sales start at ridiculous hours & by the time I get there what I’m after is gone.  Guess I’ll save money but it’s just another downfall of a pandemic.  How’s holiday shopping for you?  Are you running into out of stock issues?

alyssa-silva replied 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • alyssa-silva

December 4, 2020 at 7:02 pm

I hear you. In fact, earlier today I realized I haven’t even THOUGHT about Christmas shopping so I’m going to try to get some done this weekend. It’s so challenging not being able to go to stores. Plus I would always go to locally-owned gift shops for gifts and I can’t do that this year. Ugh, I think I’m just lacking patience this year after everything we’ve been through.