• Sponsored Post

Planes, Trains, & Accessible Travel With SMA

Talk to your doctor to determine if you or your child is fit to travel.

Traveling with a child is never easy. Traveling with a child in a wheelchair is an extra challenge. The first time Leah flew on an airplane, she was six months old, almost a year before she was diagnosed. We have always been a traveling family and once she was diagnosed, we were both hopeful and determined that it wouldn’t hold us back.

I have always flown with Leah by myself, just the two of us. Call me crazy; it’s OK, I am. There are some things we have learned that have made it so much easier for us.

• This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan Berhar 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author
       Ryan Berhar 
      Keymaster

What are some good questions to ask when interviewing a potential caregiver? What are some to avoid? Do you have tips in general? Thanks.

Halsey Blocher 
      Participant

One of things I like to ask is if they have heard of SMA and do they know anything about any of the machines we use. It’s fine if they don’t but it’s nice to know how much we’ll need to teach them. I also like to ask some questions about there lives outside of work to start building a personal connection. Things like their kids, pets, or interests/hobbies. Also, if it at any point during an interview they say something that raises a red flag for you, pay attention to it. Discuss it with someone you trust, and think about it carefully before you decide to hire someone.

DeAnn R 
      Keymaster

Interviewing has never been my forte. My best advice though is to go with your gut. If you don’t have good rapport with them right off the bat they can be difficult to work with. I tend to talk through my routine and give ample opportunity to ask questions. Many people don’t interview in their homes, but I like to so they can get an idea of what they’re getting into. I like to look at their work history too. Partly to see if they have experience but also to see if they’re job hoppers.

Ryan Berhar 
      Keymaster

Thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
    or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.