SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Introducing the ‘SMA News Today’ Vlog

• Introducing the ‘SMA News Today’ Vlog

Posted by kevin-schaefer on February 14, 2018 at 12:41 pm

SMA News Today is proud to present its new vlog, created and hosted by DeAnn Runge. DeAnn is a 38-year-old individual with SMA type 2 from Alexandria, Minnesota, and will be chronicling her daily life and history with SMA in this video series.

This vlog, titled  Dose of DeAnn: A Glimpse Into My Life With SMA, will tackle different subjects related to DeAnn’s life. Similar to how our columnists bring their own perspectives to a wide range of topics, this vlog will be executed in a similar fashion.

MORE: SMA News Today interview with Brynne Willis

In this introductory video, DeAnn shares some of the challenges she’s faced in her life as an SMA individual. Between hospital stays, coping with deteriorating muscle strength and overcoming countless other obstacles, DeAnn is proud to be a part of the larger SMA community and looks forward to sharing her story.

In addition to producing this vlog and being one of the moderators of the SMA News Today forums page, DeAnn also works part-time doing payroll for an eye clinic and volunteers for her church. Dose of DeAnn will run twice a month here on SMA News Today and on our YouTube channel. Stay tuned for further updates.

MORE: Using groups in the SMA News Today forums

kevin-schaefer replied 6 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • deann-r

February 14, 2018 at 2:16 pm

I look forward to talking with all of you.  If you have anything you’d like me to discuss, don’t hesitate to let me know!

• kevin-schaefer

February 14, 2018 at 2:24 pm

Great video DeAnn! Looking forward to this series.