Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

This weekend, I got schooled by my 10-year-old cousin on how to use my iPhone which made me feel old. Pretty sure I was using an iPhone before he was even born, so that’s awkward.

He set up voice commands on my phone which I thought was awesome. Typically I just use assistive touch, and that’s it. Do you use voice commands? What other features do you find helpful on an iPhone?

Tracy Odell
      Participant

What voice commands? I just know about assistive touch.

Blake Watson
      Participant

Yeah there’s a cool accessibility feature in iOS (and macOS) called Voice Control. I’ve been using it some since I’m not really able to operate the touchscreen anymore.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210417

Alyssa Silva
        Keymaster

Voice control, that’s what I meant! 😳 Do you find that your phone picks up other people’s voices, though? I was in a noisy area when my cousin set it up, and my phone kept doing voice commands based on conversations it heard around me. Is there a way to avoid this?

Blake Watson
          Participant

No it sucks if there’s any background noise. It’s not super enjoyable to use so I still avoid using my phone if I can but there are situations where it’s useful… since without it I wouldn’t be able to use the phone at all.

I miss out on some iOS-only apps but big news on that front—new Apple computers the M1 chip can run iOS apps! I don’t have one yet but looking forward to getting one soon.

Alyssa Silva
          Keymaster

Yes, I have the M1 chip! But honestly, I’m not sure what that means. I can use my phone apps on my MacBook?

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

I’m not a huge fan of voice control because of the sensitivity as you mentioned Alyssa, but I do like it for taking pictures in a roundabout way. If you say, “turn the volume down” while you’re in your camera app it’ll take a picture when you have voice control on. With my Galaxy all I had to do is say, “smile.”

Alyssa Silva
        Keymaster

oh that’s such a useful hack! I never even thought of that. Might be good for when my mom tries to take selfies of us haha.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account