Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

This time next week, I’ll have a suprapubic catheter, and be able to hydrate as much as I dang well please.

I’m a little nervous. I haven’t had a procedure since my G-tube placement, which was during my freshman year of high school. But it’s an easy surgery, and I’m not going completely under, so I’m trying not to freak out. Thankfully, I don’t have to wait very long. A little over a week!

At this point, I’m more concerned about the coronavirus and the possibility of picking something up. It’s an outpatient procedure, so I won’t be staying the night, and so far there are no confirmed cases in Minnesota. I just need to survive one more week, and then I can go into full hibernation mode.

Anything I need to know going into the procedure? Your experiences have been so helpful and have really soothed my anxieties, so I appreciate it!

Rachel Markley
      Participant

Yay!!!!! You will need to purchase your own supplies and try to determine what kind of setup you’ll use on your chair (if you’re using a bag). I’ll send you my supply list!

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

Wow Brianna! I can’t believe how quickly that process went! I don’t have an SPC to give advice, but it looks like Rachel has you covered. Good luck with everything and please keep us posted. I actually just got home from having a procedure done without anesthesia, and I know it was the safest option but— ugh. It freaks me out at times, too.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Verify you are not a robot