• emma

April 20, 2021 at 4:12 pm

Brianna this article was amazing, congrats. Very well written and so so true, I identified a lot!

It happened to me just a few days ago, with an influencer with SMA sharing her first days of a new med and already noticing so much progress, and it was weird because i felt like a wave of jealousy taking over me even when i wanted to just be happy for someone in the community. I really was very frustrated with myself and didn’t feel good having those kind of feelings. Also you know when you think you’re over something (like not being able to get a new medication) and then something happens and you’re like : Well apparently nope still there. It sucks!

Your article helped a lot with that, so great timing haha and thank you.

• brianna-albers

April 21, 2021 at 3:27 pm

I’m so glad it helped, Emma! You’re definitely not alone – I struggled with jealousy a lot when Spinraza came out because it wasn’t available to me. I was happy for people in the community but sad for myself. Definitely a mix of emotions.

Sending you so much love. <3

• alyssa-silva

April 20, 2021 at 10:46 pm

Just wanted to let you know the therapist in you was absolutely correct in saying you’re not alone. Thank you for that. Great column as always. I admire your vulnerability.