Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Brianna Albers
      Keymaster

Happy Tuesday!

In my latest column, I don my therapist hat and talk about a normal — if frustrating — human emotion: jealousy.

Do you ever feel jealous of folks in the SMA community? How do you cope with this emotion?

Emma
      Participant

Brianna this article was amazing, congrats. Very well written and so so true, I identified a lot!

It happened to me just a few days ago, with an influencer with SMA sharing her first days of a new med and already noticing so much progress, and it was weird because i felt like a wave of jealousy taking over me even when i wanted to just be happy for someone in the community. I really was very frustrated with myself and didn’t feel good having those kind of feelings. Also you know when you think you’re over something (like not being able to get a new medication) and then something happens and you’re like : Well apparently nope still there. It sucks!

Your article helped a lot with that, so great timing haha and thank you.

Brianna Albers
        Keymaster

I’m so glad it helped, Emma! You’re definitely not alone – I struggled with jealousy a lot when Spinraza came out because it wasn’t available to me. I was happy for people in the community but sad for myself. Definitely a mix of emotions.

Sending you so much love. <3

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

Just wanted to let you know the therapist in you was absolutely correct in saying you’re not alone. Thank you for that. Great column as always. I admire your vulnerability.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account