This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 9 months ago by DeAnn R.

• Author
      Kevin Schaefer
      Keymaster

Is anyone watching the current season of ABC’s “Speechless”? I’ve been catching up on it on Hulu lately, and I really like what the writers are doing with JJ and his girlfriend Izzy.

For one, these characters have honest conversations about how JJ’s disability factors into their relationship. Izzy openly admits at the start of their relationship that she has questions and anxieties about it, but that she’s willing to work through them. The episode where they go on their first date and Kenneth accompanies them is pretty funny. I also like how JJ and Izzy have to deal with Maya being so overbearing, and the comedic scenarios that stem from this.

Overall, it’s still a really good show, and I encourage people in this community to check it out.

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Might try to catch up this weekend.

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Finally caught up. I do think this is a great story line. When I was that age it was so easy to fall in the “friend zone” category. I never pushed it, so it’s fun to see JJ’s character pursue a relationship road bumps and all.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2021 All rights reserved.