SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Last Minute Holiday Scramble

• Last Minute Holiday Scramble

Posted by deann-r on December 21, 2021 at 9:42 am

It seems like Christmas snuck up on me this year. Usually I have gifts made/bought well in advance and I already have cards mailed. Not so much this year. No legit excuses either. I didn’t make enough Xmas cards (I can’t believe the predictive keyboard I’m using recognizes Xmas but not Christmas, ugh.) One dog bowl I have yet to make and I’m still stumped on what to gift my 17 year old nieces. It might be cash but that means I’d have to get to the bank before the weekend. Are they even open on Xmas Eve? If you have any other suggestions let me know. Are you all prepped and ready for the holiday?

deann-r replied 2 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • micaela-macdougall

December 21, 2021 at 1:43 pm

Gift cards (Apple, Amazon, Etsy, even Visa) can be emailed and I think you can often schedule when you want the email to be sent – you could also make a card if you want them to have something tangible to open.  That would be similar to cash, but not require a trip to the bank.

I also like giving “gift certificates” for experiences.  This year, I’m giving my mom an hour of tech support (when she can’t figure out how to use her phone or computer).  The options are more limited with COVID preventing a lot of outings, but you could do a home movie viewing (either together or as an Amazon watch party), or a takeout meal together from a restaurant of their choice.

• alyssa-silva

December 21, 2021 at 10:47 pm

I have no idea what 17-year-olds are into these days, but I totally agree with Micaela in getting an Amazon gift card. Besides e-cards, you can even print them out if you wanted to give something tangible to them. Plus, there’s something for everyone on Amazon.

• deann-r

December 23, 2021 at 11:17 am

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ve got one more day to decide.