Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

My body has pretty much been through the wringer and back in the last year. I’ve lost weight, gained more health problems, and grew accustomed to a much less active life. In other words, I’m paying for it now as I try to rebuild strength. Obviously, this isn’t going to be easy. But slowly but surely I’m working on myself and heading in the right direction.

That being said, I am SPENT. So, I’ve been taking a puff of my levalbuterol inhaler for energy and I’ve noticed a great benefit in doing so. Levalbuterol acts similarly to albuterol, but it doesn’t give me as bad of a shaky feeling. It also helps with my allergies right now which is really ideal right now.

While I use an inhaler, there’s also something called albuterol sulfate which is a liquid. It’s prescribed by a doctor and given to people with SMA for an energy boost. It made me a little too shaky which is why I now use a levalbuterol inhaler instead. (Probably because I drink coffee along with it. Too much coffee.) What’s something you do to give your body a little extra boost? I could use some advice as I’ve been getting easily discouraged when I try to do things I used to do and tire out quickly.

Crystal
      Participant

I wish I could give some advice, but actually I need some advice on this one too.

Tammy
      Participant

I know it’s usually considered “frowned upon”, but have you asked your doctor to put you on a round of steroids maybe even just one time per year? I know they don’t like to use steroids often because it can damage your bones but I can’t imagine one packet per year having too much of a negative effect. Although I’m also not a doctor so what do I know LOL. Was just a thought. Because they can give a boost in energy. Especially if you are having that hard of a time. I feel like in my opinion, the benefits would outweigh the risks. I do use albuterol in the nebulizer, but it doesn’t make me shaky or give me any energy that I notice. But I’ve been on it since I was a kid so I think my body is just used to it. I have heard that the shakiness is only temporary when someone is going on it for the first time. Your body will adjust. And I drink a lot of coffee too(espresso) but still don’t have any shakiness from the Albuterol. I have also heard collagen water can give you energy if you drink it after waking up. Only downside is it’s kind of expensive. Every once in awhile I drink one but not on a daily or even weekly basis because of the cost. I just find them refreshing once in awhile. Hope some of this info is at least somewhat helpful

Alyssa Silva
        Keymaster

Steroids actually have an adverse reaction with me so I try to avoid them at all costs. But I’ll have to try collagen water!! I started drinking it then stopped for no reason. Going to add it to my grocery list. 🙂

Tammy
          Participant

Yeah try the collagen water! It’s good for your joints too so either way, can’t hurt. I like the vital proteins strawberry lemon. Its pricey but only has 3g of sugar from monk fruit. No artificial sweeteners

Alyssa Silva
          Keymaster

Yes!! The strawberry lemon one is really good!

Tammy
          Participant

It’s so good! I swear I would drink them twice a day if it wasn’t $3 a bottle. And they are like never on sale LOL. Even if you do the monthly subscription from the website directly, it’s still way too much

Tracy Odell
      Participant

I use creatine powder – micro fibre – suspended in about 4 ounces of orange juice. Creatine helps athletes do repetitive muscle action longer without the muscle giving out, and so is recommended to me by my neurologist. I can use the mouse longer when I take it and I don’t have any other symptoms like being shaky. I really notice a difference if I forget to take it one day. If I have a lot to do in the afternoon, I will take another round of it but once in the morning is usually enough for me.

Alyssa Silva
        Keymaster

Ooh interesting! I’m definitely going to look into this. Thank you!

Tammy
        Participant

I tried a couple doses of creatine but got scared about the possible liver damage warning so i stopped. Did you doctor have any concerns about that or did he/she think the risk is low? I may ask my neuro about it & see if he thinks its worth trying again

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account