SMA News Forums Forums Treatments and Research Evrysdi (risdiplam) Looking for Evrysdi Updates

• Looking for Evrysdi Updates

Posted by deann-r on November 6, 2020 at 11:00 am

A message just came through from my neurologists office regarding if I am interested in the new SMA treatment. They’d be happy to schedule an appointment to discuss my options. I’m still on the fence but am seriously entertaining the idea. If you’re on Evrysdi I’d love to hear how it’s going. If you switched from Spinraza do you feel you made the right choice? My two biggest concerns include the side effects especially upset stomach as well as if there will be out of pocket costs. I’ve heard there’s a special adapter for gtube users, so curious how that works too. The fact it’s only available through one specialty pharmacy concerns me a bit. Actually I have tons of questions and concerns but just hearing your experiences may help me decide.

pamela-muhammad replied 3 years, 5 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • yvette-haas

November 6, 2020 at 11:10 am

I took my first dose a little over an hour ago, and I’m still here, but that’s definitely not a helpful update for you.

I can tell you that administering it is relatively easy, and the adaptor is simply because they give you Enfit syringes and you might not use Enfit extensions.

I was never on Spinraza, so I have nothing to compare it to besides my normal progression. We’ll see what happens.

• alyssa-silva

November 6, 2020 at 11:27 am

Congrats on starting Evrysdi Yvette! How exciting!

DeAnn, I would entertain the idea to discuss options at the very least. Sometimes talking about it with someone can help organize your thoughts.

• delara

November 6, 2020 at 1:46 pm

Hello. Unfortunately, no medicine in our country has been approved by health institutions. Evrysdi has recently received FDA approval and we very much hope it will work better due to its cheaper price and less hassle. So far, Brazil, Japan and the United States have issued licenses, and the drug will likely be available in the next few months. The European Union is also considering the drug.

Hairy movement milestones in pediatric patients, one year after treatment with Evrysdi(Residiplam)

https://ibb.co/QCx5Cm1

• pamela-muhammad

November 8, 2020 at 9:22 am

I am interested in wanting to know more about it,but unfortunately the M D A office isn’t answering calls nor my doctor.