SMA News Forums Forums Assistive Technology Mattress & Bed preferences/options

• Mattress & Bed preferences/options

Posted by mike-b on December 14, 2018 at 1:27 pm

On my list of things to do in 2019 is purchase a new mattress. I have gone through many different setups throughout the years, and was just wondering what anyone else has found that works best? I currently use a Tempur Pedic frame/base with a remote control that tilts head and foot and a Sleep Number air mattress on top with another remote that adds and deflates air as needed.  Can’t wait until one of you tech savvy users comes out with a voice controlled bed!

deann-r replied 5 years, 4 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • kevin-schaefer

December 14, 2018 at 1:38 pm

Hey Mike! I know I have a hospital bed, but let me check exactly what kind of mattress I have.

• deann-r

December 14, 2018 at 2:48 pm

Hey Mike, check out Limited Mobility Solutions, they can make your bed voice activated. http://limitedmobility.solutions

• ryan-berhar-2

December 14, 2018 at 8:15 pm

The important part for me isn’t even the bed itself. I do fine on any bed as long as I have a foam topper of some kind.

• mike-b

December 14, 2018 at 11:25 pm

Thanks DeAnn, that site looks great! I’m going to look into getting my thermostat and window blinds voice activated as well.

• deann-r

December 15, 2018 at 9:23 am

My thermostat is voice activated as well. I love it! In an upcoming video I’m going to go over the Amazon Cube that allows the television to be voice controlled. Mixed reviews on that, but technology is advancing every day, so hopefully it’ll improve over time.