SMA News Forums Forums SMA News Today Multimedia SMA News Today’s YouTube The Morale Monologue #4: Cytokinetics Phase 2 Results We Have So Much To Look Forward To

• The Morale Monologue #4: Cytokinetics Phase 2 Results We Have So Much To Look Forward To

Posted by michael-morale on July 18, 2018 at 9:36 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht8_fFEEVEg&feature=youtu.be

In this episode of the Morale Monologue, I’m going to be giving an update on the results from the recently released Phase 2 clinical trial by Cytokinetics. These results were announced during the 2018 Annual Cure SMA Conference which was held at the Hilton Anatole Hotel in Dallas Texas. In my presentation, I highlight some of these results and give my opinions as to why I believe we have so much to look forward to.

Cure SMA hosted a live stream on their Facebook page of the Researcher Q&A session toward the end of this conference. I was allowed to ask a question to the panel of doctors who were representing their respective pharmaceutical companies. My question was posed to the doctors from Cytokinetics and Biogen. I asked if they were planning a combination therapy of their two drugs in the future, since one drug worked on the muscular level and one worked on the cellular level.

I cropped this portion of the video and included this into my presentation so everyone could hear my question and their response. I think you’ll be as shocked as I was regarding their response to my question.

Be sure to subscribe to the SMA News Today YouTube channel so that you don’t miss an episode of this vlog, and you can also connect with me right here on the forums page.

deann-r replied 5 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • kevin-schaefer

July 18, 2018 at 10:14 am

Great video Michael! It will be interesting to see what developments take place with this drug, and if Cytokinetics and Biogen are able to work together to develop something that works on the cellular and muscular levels. Thanks for providing this information.

• deann-r

July 19, 2018 at 8:01 pm

Certainly exciting there may not be just one drug to fight SMA but that several are in the works such as Reldesemtiv.  Curious to see the evolution of not only these drugs, but SMA in general.