SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Motivation Monday: Adventuring

• Motivation Monday: Adventuring

Posted by kevin-schaefer on October 14, 2019 at 11:00 am

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend.

For today’s Motivation Monday post, I want to talk about adventuring. I just got back from a Cure SMA leadership conference in Boston, Massachusetts, and I had a blast. I’ll be writing about it in an upcoming column, but it was a fantastic trip. My brother and my caregiver came with me, and it was nice to just get away for a few days and see a different city.

However, while I love to travel, I want to emphasize that adventure can exist in a variety of forms. You don’t have to travel to another city or go skydiving to go on an adventure. You can do something as simple as visiting a new restaurant or taking a class on a subject that interests you. SMA may make it difficult for us to do some of the things we see people on Instagram and Facebook doing, but we can still have adventures.

Check out this Psychology Today article about adventuring. I like how the author breaks down the different elements of an adventure, and how we can develop a more adventurous mindset in our daily lives. It’s a good read!

What was an adventure you went on recently, big or small? What’s something adventurous you can do this week?

kevin-schaefer replied 4 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.