SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Motivation Monday: Creating a Personal Playlist

• Motivation Monday: Creating a Personal Playlist

Posted by kevin-schaefer on September 23, 2019 at 11:00 am

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend.

For today’s Motivation Monday post, I want to talk about music. I love different kinds of music – rock, alternative, folk and bluegrass, movie and musical soundtracks (anything but country). Music can be empowering, during both good and bad times. It also helps to have a killer playlist.

Here’s my personalized playlist, appropriately titled Geek Out. It’s a compilation of movie soundtracks, superhero theme songs, and rock classics. I listen to it when I’m writing, chilling out, reading comics, or working. It’s also great for when I’m feeling down, and I just need a pick me up. Each song here means something personal to me, and I love listening to them over and over again.

Who here has a personalized playlist? What types of music do you like?

halsey-blocher replied 4 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • deann-r

September 23, 2019 at 11:37 am

Will have to check it out, thanks Kevin!  It was kind of fun, for my birthday party I had Alexa play the best of 1979.  Some of the songs surprised me.  If you’re ever in a music rut I highly recommend asking Alexa to play the best of whatever year you were born.

• kevin-schaefer

September 23, 2019 at 11:58 am

Great idea! My caregiver did that before he got married. Hope you had a great birthday!

• halsey-blocher

September 23, 2019 at 9:22 pm

I don’t really have a playlist but I often listen to my favorite contemporary Christian radio station. I find that it’s a really encouraging way to start my days and also to help me wind down at night.