• Sponsored Post

Planes, Trains, & Accessible Travel With SMA

Talk to your doctor to determine if you or your child is fit to travel.

Traveling with a child is never easy. Traveling with a child in a wheelchair is an extra challenge. The first time Leah flew on an airplane, she was six months old, almost a year before she was diagnosed. We have always been a traveling family and once she was diagnosed, we were both hopeful and determined that it wouldn’t hold us back.

I have always flown with Leah by myself, just the two of us. Call me crazy; it’s OK, I am. There are some things we have learned that have made it so much easier for us.

• This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Kevin Schaefer 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author
       Kevin Schaefer 
      Keymaster

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend! I’m finally getting back to my normal routine. I love traveling, but jet-lag can really mess me up.

I’m trying something new here. To kick off each week, I want to do Motivation Mondays. Motivation Monday is a popular social media hashtag, and I think it’s something we can implement here. This article in Psychology Today provides a great definition of motivation. Also, read my weekly column “Embracing My Inner Alien.” I often write about the things that motivate me.

To kick off these discussions, I wanted to talk about the source of motivation. This will really vary from person to person.

What is it that motivates you? What’s the source of your motivation?

I’d love to hear everyone’s thoughts on this. Thanks everyone!

Even 
      Participant

Hi Kevin 🙂

The one and only thing that motivate me is my wife 🙂

We had a wonderful  journey to Bergen this weekend. Travel my own country (norway), 8 hours by train each way hehehe.

two pics of the trip 🙂

https://www.even.bz/share.cgi?ssid=0f9Bphf

https://www.even.bz/share.cgi?ssid=0IdCHTf

Kevin Schaefer 
        Keymaster

That’s great Even! Sounds like a lot of fun.

How long have you and your wife been together?

Ryan Berhar 
      Keymaster

I’m motivated very heavily by my faith. There are other things too though. I’m motivated to move into my own home, and have my own family. I’m also motivated to become a pro chess player.

Halsey Blocher 
      Participant

This is a great idea Kevin! Like Ryan, faith is a really big factor in what motivates me. I try very hard to live every minute of my life for Christ, and knowing that He is always with me and protecting me is a huge motivator. My family, close friends, and Turnstone family are also factors.

Mike B 
      Participant

Great topic Kevin. I’ve found having activities and events that I enjoy on my calendar helps motivate me to get through the daily grind. For me that’s usually having a music concert or live sporting event to look forward to on my calendar.

Kevin Schaefer 
        Keymaster

Thanks Mike! And great tips. I’ll also give you a call soon to let you know about the conference.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Videos

• ©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
    or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.