SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Motivation Monday: What Motivates You?

• Motivation Monday: What Motivates You?

Posted by kevin-schaefer on July 8, 2019 at 11:00 am

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend! I’m finally getting back to my normal routine. I love traveling, but jet-lag can really mess me up.

I’m trying something new here. To kick off each week, I want to do Motivation Mondays. Motivation Monday is a popular social media hashtag, and I think it’s something we can implement here. This article in Psychology Today provides a great definition of motivation. Also, read my weekly column “Embracing My Inner Alien.” I often write about the things that motivate me.

To kick off these discussions, I wanted to talk about the source of motivation. This will really vary from person to person.

What is it that motivates you? What’s the source of your motivation?

I’d love to hear everyone’s thoughts on this. Thanks everyone!

kevin-schaefer replied 4 years, 8 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • even

July 8, 2019 at 2:31 pm

Hi Kevin 🙂

The one and only thing that motivate me is my wife 🙂

We had a wonderful  journey to Bergen this weekend. Travel my own country (norway), 8 hours by train each way hehehe.

two pics of the trip 🙂

https://www.even.bz/share.cgi?ssid=0f9Bphf

https://www.even.bz/share.cgi?ssid=0IdCHTf

• kevin-schaefer

July 8, 2019 at 2:55 pm

That’s great Even! Sounds like a lot of fun.

How long have you and your wife been together?

• ryan-berhar

July 8, 2019 at 7:45 pm

I’m motivated very heavily by my faith. There are other things too though. I’m motivated to move into my own home, and have my own family. I’m also motivated to become a pro chess player.

• halsey-blocher

July 8, 2019 at 9:37 pm

This is a great idea Kevin! Like Ryan, faith is a really big factor in what motivates me. I try very hard to live every minute of my life for Christ, and knowing that He is always with me and protecting me is a huge motivator. My family, close friends, and Turnstone family are also factors.

• mike-b

July 10, 2019 at 6:13 am

Great topic Kevin. I’ve found having activities and events that I enjoy on my calendar helps motivate me to get through the daily grind. For me that’s usually having a music concert or live sporting event to look forward to on my calendar.

• kevin-schaefer

July 10, 2019 at 10:26 am

Thanks Mike! And great tips. I’ll also give you a call soon to let you know about the conference.