Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

I’m very ashamed to admit that I don’t take a multivitamin. Long story short, I have terrible GI issues and every time I attempt vitamins, I get sick within a few days. I do my best to stick it out for vitamin D, but even that gives me issues.

Do you take a multivitamin? If so, how is it on your stomach?

Note: I cannot swallow pills. I prefer liquid but can do chewables as well.

Robert Stump
      Participant

Because my diet is pretty limited, I started taking a multivitamin about 15 months ago, and now I am doing daily vitamin D supplementation as well.  I have to admit I do feel better after having started taking both of them daily, and when I tried to stop I noticed a drop off in energy and excitement for life.  So, I guess now I am stuck!

Due to my swallowing issues, and even chewing issues, I stick with liquid only.  I rarely have G.I. issues, so I didn’t expect these to cause me any issues, and they haven’t whatsoever, but your mileage may vary.

Tropical Oasis Adult Liquid Multivitamin
      Wellesse Vitamin D3

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

Thank you for sharing this! My diet is limited as well, and I should have started taking a multivitamin a long time ago. But again, vitamins upset my stomach. It’s such a delicate balance with me. I’m so happy to hear you’ve noticed a difference. Definitely gives me hope if I am able to stick with it.

Yvette Haas
      Participant

If you have a gtube, I suggest doing a liquid multivitamin mixed with a couple of ounces of food. You can also try splitting it into two doses, so it’s spread out and still diluted by food. I do mine when I have some of my food (Liquid Hope and Real Food Blends) already in or about to go in my stomach.

Alyssa Silva
        Keymaster

I don’t have a gtube but always take it with food— usually after breakfast. I got really sick this weekend (more than likely from the multivitamin) so I’m taking a few days off to get back to my baseline. But I’ll have to try 2 smaller doses twice a day. Good idea!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account