SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA New Netflix Docuseries: A Must Watch!

• New Netflix Docuseries: A Must Watch!

Posted by alyssa-silva on June 18, 2020 at 12:31 pm

Hi all. I just wanted to share a series I binge-watched over the weekend! It’s called Lenox Hill, and it’s on Netflix.

It’s a docuseries that follows 4 physicians (2 neurosurgeons, an OBGYN, and an ER doctor) around a Manhattan hospital. It was fascinating to watch. And as someone who is often a patient, I found it really interesting to get a bird’s eye view of where I usually am in hospital settings. The different perspective was refreshing.

Not going to lie, there were times in the series where I actually teared up. To see these doctors so dedicated to their patients and personally invested in their well-being reminded me how lucky I have been to have (mostly) had such a great team follow my case throughout my life. I am forever indebted to them.

Have you seen the show yet? There is a lot of blood and brain surgeries you’ll see, so it could be a little triggering to some. If not, I highly recommend it.

alyssa-silva replied 3 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • terry-orozco

June 18, 2020 at 4:58 pm

I loved watching Lenox Hills. Hopefully, we get a second season I found doctors to be not only professional but most important human. I give it two thumbs up.

• deann-r

June 19, 2020 at 9:32 am

Sounds right up my alley.

• alyssa-silva

June 19, 2020 at 9:57 am

Yes, I hope they come out with a season 2 VERY soon! I could not stop thinking about how they have been handling the craziness and devastation from the last few months while watching it. Would love to get an update. (And honestly give them a hug.)