SMA News Forums Forums Assistive Technology Omnia Blinds Discount Code

• Omnia Blinds Discount Code

Posted by micaela-macdougall on January 16, 2024 at 1:41 pm

I recently had the privilege of beta testing smart shades for Omnia Blinds. My handyman told me they were super easy to install, and I had no problems connecting them to HomeKit and upgrading them to Matter. I’ve only had them for a month, so I can’t comment on how they hold up long term, but so far they are working great. This is the first time in my life that I have been able to open my own windows. Even that little bit of autonomy has made me feel more confident in myself.

Omnia Blinds has given me a discount code to share with the disability community. By using the code OmniaBlindsSpecialDeal25 at checkout, customers will receive a 25% discount on all smart blinds. Please note that this offer cannot be combined with any other offers and is valid until March 12th. I fully understand that even with the discount, these shades are pretty pricey, especially when we’re already paying the crip tax – but I still wanted to share just in case it would help anyone get a little more autonomy.

micaela-macdougall replied 3 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • mark-pratt

January 16, 2024 at 2:45 pm

Micaela,

We’ve been looking for automated blinds. You stated you used Homekit and Matter. I’m not familiar with these. I use Alexa and also have a Smarthings router for my door lock. Do you know if this product works with other apps? These are pretty common.

Mark

• micaela-macdougall

January 16, 2024 at 3:38 pm

Hi Mark! Yes, Matter is a new system that connects devices to most major smart home systems, including Alexa and Smartthings. I think you would install the blinds on the Eve app, then upgrade to Matter, and from there you can add them to your existing system. That said, the instructions say that you need a Thread Border Router capable Home Hub (like a HomePod (2nd gen.), HomePod mini or Apple TV 4K) and an iPhone or iPad in order to upgrade to Matter. I would recommend contacting support to make sure it will work for your setup – I found them to be very responsive and helpful.