SMA News Forums Forums Assistive Technology Online Therapy

• Online Therapy

Posted by brianna-albers on April 24, 2020 at 7:00 am

Hi everyone! I hope you’re doing well. I can’t believe we’re almost through the month of April. It doesn’t feel real, does it?

I’ve been struggling a bit (I think the coronavirus is finally catching up with me), so I’ve decided to look into therapy. I’ve had several therapists in the past and was waiting till graduation before looking for someone new, but then COVID-19 hit and any plans I might have had went out the window. I was hoping to find someone close by, as my last therapist was about 30 minutes away, but as I’m self-isolating, I’ve turned to online therapy.

I’m leaning toward Talkspace, which offers monthly or biweekly video calls and weekday text chats. They don’t accept insurance at the moment, so I’m looking into getting a reimbursement, but I wanted to ask if any of you have experience with Talkspace or BetterHelp

brianna-albers replied 3 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • aimee

April 24, 2020 at 12:19 pm

Following… I’ve been wondering about the same thing!

• alyssa-silva

April 25, 2020 at 10:16 am

I was wondering as well! Brie, you’ll have to keep us updated— definitely starting to feel the effects this virus is having on my mental health too. How much is Talkspace if insurance doesn’t cover it?

• brianna-albers

April 30, 2020 at 1:44 pm

I think it’s $280/mo? Or $260/mo?