• blake-watson

February 9, 2022 at 2:11 pm

I had a bit of a small win the other day.

I’m always on the lookout for small computer mice that are easy to click (ie, low “activation force”). For years I’ve been using a Logitech M535 Bluetooth mouse. The one I have is easy to click but, unfortunately, every one that I have ordered since has been too difficult for me to click. I’ve tried a bunch of different mice—for several years at this point—but no luck.

But I recently tried a Logitech Pebble 350 and I was able to click it! I used some Sugru (it’s this moldable glue) to make it easier to handle. It’s working out pretty well so far. Just in time, too, because the old one is on the fritz.

In case it helps anyone, I maintain a listing of assistive tech I use: https://blakewatson.com/assistive-tech-gear/

If anyone else keeps up a similar list, I would love to see it.

• tracy-odell

February 9, 2022 at 4:26 pm

Re Blake’s post – I have the same difficulty clicking a mouse. It has been getting harder to do, especially if I’m on the computer for several hours at a time. I also learned about Sugru through your site that is available in Canada. I’m hoping it will help me with my mouse and my iPhone button (yes, I still have an old iPhone.) I don’t use a Mac, so I need to figure out how to operate my space heater by voice. I have no idea how I could use my computer laying down, so I want to learn more about your set-up.

I would love a group Zoom chat to compare notes about our life-hacks with computers, ADL, transfers, etc!

• blake-watson

February 9, 2022 at 10:19 pm

Hey Tracy, I put together a little page about my bed setup. Everyone is different so I don’t know how much it will help, but hopefully it will at least give you some good ideas: Bed Laptop Setup