• Outdoor Heat Lamps

Posted by alyssa-silva on October 1, 2020 at 1:16 pm

As much as I love autumn in New England, I am dreading the cold weather. Especially since I’m only allowing outdoor visits during these crazy times. I don’t want to think about this winter and how challenging home confinement is going to be considering I never really left it this year. BUT I do want to stretch these outdoor visits out as long as I can so I don’t get stir crazy and lonely.

That being said, have you purchased any heat lamps or bonfires for your yard? I feel like with a couple of lamps and a fire I could realistically extend my outdoor visits to mid-November. I’ve sat under heat lamps before, and they are cozy!

What would you recommend?

alyssa-silva replied 3 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • patrick-lenihan

October 1, 2020 at 3:10 pm

I have a propane fire pit that I love. It provides a lot of heat and has no smoke. My neighborhood brewery has propane heat lamps in their beer garden and prior to the pandemic I would sit comfortably under one all winter long. I also have heated vest that is powered by usb power bank that enables me to spend more time outdoors in the winter. We are going to be using outdoor heaters, blankets and our projector to have masked socially distant outdoor movie nights this winter.

• deann-r

October 1, 2020 at 5:11 pm

Love this idea!  Someone was selling one on a sell it site, but I wasn’t quick enough.  Now that I have to take my service dog out I think something like that would be nice. I wonder if it’s something I would need assistance with though.

• yvette-haas

October 1, 2020 at 6:23 pm

I know it wouldn’t help your whole body… But I LOVE the hand heater on my wheelchair! It’s a lifesaver.

• alyssa-silva

October 1, 2020 at 10:48 pm

Yvette, that’s so funny that you’re saying that. Someone in another forum just brought that up and I never heard of wheelchair hand heaters before!

Patrick, I just bought a projector tonight. Your comment inspired me haha. Now I just need a few heat lamps and I’ll be golden.