This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks, 1 day ago by Alyssa Silva.

• Author
      Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

As much as I love autumn in New England, I am dreading the cold weather. Especially since I’m only allowing outdoor visits during these crazy times. I don’t want to think about this winter and how challenging home confinement is going to be considering I never really left it this year. BUT I do want to stretch these outdoor visits out as long as I can so I don’t get stir crazy and lonely.

That being said, have you purchased any heat lamps or bonfires for your yard? I feel like with a couple of lamps and a fire I could realistically extend my outdoor visits to mid-November. I’ve sat under heat lamps before, and they are cozy!

What would you recommend?

Patrick Lenihan
      Participant

I have a propane fire pit that I love. It provides a lot of heat and has no smoke. My neighborhood brewery has propane heat lamps in their beer garden and prior to the pandemic I would sit comfortably under one all winter long. I also have heated vest that is powered by usb power bank that enables me to spend more time outdoors in the winter. We are going to be using outdoor heaters, blankets and our projector to have masked socially distant outdoor movie nights this winter.

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Love this idea!  Someone was selling one on a sell it site, but I wasn’t quick enough.  Now that I have to take my service dog out I think something like that would be nice. I wonder if it’s something I would need assistance with though.

Yvette Haas
      Participant

I know it wouldn’t help your whole body… But I LOVE the hand heater on my wheelchair! It’s a lifesaver.

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

Yvette, that’s so funny that you’re saying that. Someone in another forum just brought that up and I never heard of wheelchair hand heaters before!

Patrick, I just bought a projector tonight. Your comment inspired me haha. Now I just need a few heat lamps and I’ll be golden.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.