This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by Nikki.

• Author
      DeAnn R
      Keymaster

In the era of nobody answering their phones this poses a challenge for me.  I rarely make it to the phone in time either, so inevitably we end up playing phone tag.  It’s especially annoying while trying to set up an appointment.  Plus even with a touch phone, selecting menu options can be a pain.  Any suggestions on making phone calls less of a hassle?  I already do as much scheduling online as possible.

Even
      Participant

some wheelchair joystick have bluetooth so you can pair to computer/phones etc. if that help? Android phones get then a mouse pointer 🙂

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

yes my wheelchair connects to my phone through Bluetooth. I also have it connected to my laptop and mostly use my phone that way. It’s so much easier for me. And the microphone on my laptop is so much better that people say they can understand me more clearly. Also, I usually use headphones on my laptop, so it’s nice to be able to answer the phone myself and not have it on speakerphone for everyone to hear my conversations. I have apple products but I’m sure there’s a way with PCs and androids too.

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Hmm…I wonder if my new chair will have that capability.  My luck it will be an add on I would have had to ask for.

Jim Schneider
      Participant

Google Pixel phones have a voice access feature built in that lets you totally control the phone by voice.  You can do everything totally by voice.  It works great!

Nikki
      Participant

Hi DeAnn, I use a regular Bluetooth on my ear. I did a lot of research and so far, I found that the Plantronics Voyager 5200 is one that allows me to do most everything by voice. All except lock or unlock my phone, turn my phone off and on. It also doesn’t work with apps. It works solely with my contacts on my phone, text messages or WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger but that’s pretty much it. I have very limited finger mobility, so answering and hanging up the phone and dialing on my own is pretty much impossible. I depend on this Bluetooth for all of that and I just wear it in my ear all day long from morning till night until I go to bed. Hope this helps

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.