• deann-r

April 22, 2022 at 10:10 am

Gosh, I’d love to say I have grandiose plans, but I don’t. At this point I’m just hoping the weather straightens out so I can go outside without being cold.

Maine sounds lovely. How far of a drive is it for you?

• alyssa-silva

April 24, 2022 at 9:47 pm

I hear ya. The weather has been so unruly here too. Maine is only about 3 hours away so not too bad! I tend to get carsick so I try not to go too far.

• patrick-lenihan

April 22, 2022 at 8:54 pm

I love The Maine coast. Old Orchard Beach is a lot of fun. It has an old style amusement park like Rocky Point but in my opinion better. The beach has a great boardwalk and pier. My favorite parts of Maine are the little towns Down East/ Acadia and Mid-coast. Eating outside on picnic tables at the lobster pounds on the side of the road overlooking the water is awesome. The drive up and view from the top of Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park near Bar Harbor is incredible and you don’t have to leave the car to experience it.
    <div dir=”ltr” data-setdir=”false”>I am hoping to take a day trip or two up to Vancouver BC this summer. I love their Chinatown and Stanley Park. I am also planning a day trip to Seattle to ride the Great Wheel. I will also do some wheelchair hiking and kite flying as well as going to my town’s dockside market, farmers market and our many breweries and food trucks. Taco trucks are sort of my thing.</div>

• alyssa-silva

April 24, 2022 at 9:53 pm

Thank you for the tips! I have some friends up in Maine that echo your sentiments. I don’t think I ever experienced rocky point but I could be wrong! When it comes to my childhood, I have an awful memory. Maybe I’ll have to experience OOB to make up for it.

Sounds like you have great summer plans ahead. Are there accessible trails in your area? I don’t think we have any around here.

• patrick-lenihan

April 28, 2022 at 3:58 pm

Alyssa, Rocky Point closed in 1994 so you were probably too young to have gone there but your parents probably went there. Yes there are a lot of wheelchair accessible trails in Washington State. We have several national and state parks that have at least some ADA trails. I also explore trails that are not officially ADA compliant because I am of the mind that I will determine whether or not something is accessible. If you are interested in doing some wheel chair hiking check out this link to information on accessible trails in RI https://www.alltrails.com/us/rhode-island/ada

• alyssa-silva

April 29, 2022 at 4:13 pm

I had no idea this website existed! Goes to show I need to do my research. Only ones I’ve been to are Colt State Park and Blackstone Blvd (my favorite stroll in to fall!) Looking forward to exploring some new places. Thank you. 🙂

• deann-r

April 28, 2022 at 10:36 am

You’ll have to keep us posted on how your trips go so those of us who don’t travel can live vicariously through you! Any tips on finding good food trucks?