SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA My Resolution Is To Eat Healthier

• My Resolution Is To Eat Healthier

Posted by kevin-schaefer on January 2, 2019 at 10:30 am

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic holiday season, and that you’re all ready to get back to the real world (none of us are).

I usually make a resolution to eat healthier, but this year I really want to commit to it. I’m not going to set unrealistic goals for myself, but I’m doing things like leaner meats, less dark sodas, more yogurt, more vegetables, and more water. I succeeded yesterday. I had a grilled chicken sandwich for lunch and a salad for dinner. I’ve also cut down big time on Cokes, which is a big deal for me. I’m switching more to ginger ale and lime sodas. It’s a step.

What about you all? Are any of you setting new year’s resolutions?

adnan-hafizovic replied 5 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • ryan-berhar-2

January 2, 2019 at 5:39 pm

That’s good man. I personally don’t make New Years resolutions, because I try to address things I need to change immediately. It’s never made much sense to me to wait till January 1 to make a change.  If I’m actually serious about changing something, I won’t be waiting till January 1. That’s just me. It apparently works for others though.

• adnan-hafizovic

January 3, 2019 at 10:09 am

Kevin I think you enjoy in eating,and that is good ,yes we must take care what we are eating and how much we eat.I say for myself I just eat because I must,eat without any too much enjoy.I eat everything and I take care what kind of food I eat.