SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Seeing Improvements in Physical Therapy

• Seeing Improvements in Physical Therapy

Posted by kevin-schaefer on January 15, 2019 at 11:00 am

I’ve always had severe contractures in my legs, which is the case for a lot of people with SMA. I’m in my chair all day, everyday (except for PT days), and it doesn’t help that I’ve broken my right leg multiple times.

Yesterday however, my primary physical therapist Jean said that my legs (particularly my right one) are stretching a bit more now. This is a huge improvement for me, and I think it’s a combination of doing water therapy regularly for the past few years and my Spinraza treatments. I also feel more energized these days, and I can move my arms and legs in the water more than I used to be able to. It’s a tremendous feeling.

Who here does water therapy or some other form of PT regularly? As someone who was extremely skeptical about getting back into it a few years ago, I’m beyond grateful that my former primary doctor pushed me to do it. If anyone here has any questions I’d be happy to answer them.

kevin-schaefer replied 5 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.