• Posted by aimee on November 3, 2021 at 2:35 pm

Just wondering if anyone had suggestions for comfortable shoes for a tiny brittle feet. Callie is still in a toddler size 13 but even still in toddler sizes it’s hard to find shoes that are lightweight.  She usually prefers to just wear her AFOs, but I’d like for her to have at least one pair of regular shoes to throw on when needed.  I just got some Billy shoes thinking that since they zip they would be easy for her but she’s still says that they squish her feet.  What do you/your children like?

aimee replied 2 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • deann-r

November 3, 2021 at 3:14 pm

How does she feel about Crocs? I find them roomy and comfortable. In general I prefer open back styles. They’re easier to have someone slide them on my foot. I’ve been eyeing some Skechers. Also, look for wide width and consider going up a size or two.

• aimee

November 4, 2021 at 7:24 am

Those are great ideas!  I hadn’t thought about Crocs.  I have some comfy Skechers myself and had been wondering if they’d be comfortable for her.

• alyssa-silva

November 4, 2021 at 8:59 am

Hi Aimee! Have you seen these adaptive Steve Madden shoes for kids? I wonder if this could be an option for her.

https://www.stevemadden.com/collections/kids-shoes-adaptive

• aimee

November 4, 2021 at 6:17 pm

No!!  I will look those up!  Thanks!