• SMA Awareness Month

Posted by deann-r on July 29, 2022 at 10:37 am

As you may or may not know August is SMA Awareness Month. For the past few years, we’ve gathered personal stories from those whose lives have been touched by SMA. One of the best ways to spread awareness is by sharing our stories.

Every year I’m in awe of all the spectacular submissions. As we share these stories with you over the next month please feel free to chime in.

Can you relate? Did you have a different experience? We’d love to hear about it.

Are you doing anything special for SMA Awareness Month? Whether or not you’re participating, I hope you enjoy the upcoming stories as much as I do.

alyssa-silva replied 1 year, 8 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • alyssa-silva

July 29, 2022 at 8:43 pm

I love reading the stories, too. I’m so amazed by our community. I truly feel proud to be a part of it. I will probably treat SMA awareness month the same way I treat disability pride month. I will talk about it on my social platforms and interact with others. I really enjoy the camaraderie among everyone. But I also have to wonder whether or not these awareness months are actually all that productive in raising long-term awareness.