SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Strategies for Combatting Migraines and Fatigue

• Strategies for Combatting Migraines and Fatigue

Posted by kevin-schaefer on September 21, 2018 at 11:00 am

I used to get migraines all the time, but now I get them much less frequently. Still, with the recent storm and dramatic shifts in the weather here in North Carolina, I’m more prone to headaches and fatigue.

When I experience headaches and fatigue, I have a pretty standard strategy for overcoming both. They tend to hit me in the late afternoon, and as soon as I feel a headache coming, I take an Advil, turn off all the lights in my room and either lean back in my chair or lie down. Sometimes it takes longer to get rid of, but generally an Advil and a good nap will take care of things. If I have plans when I get like this, I cancel them. Whether it’s fatigue or a migraine, I know I won’t have enough energy to go out.

Do you all experience migraines or fatigue often? Do you have a similar strategy or something different which you’d recommend?

kevin-schaefer replied 5 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • ryan-berhar-2

September 21, 2018 at 7:48 pm

I’ve never had a migraine, and get headaches rarely. So I guess I’m fortunate in that regard lol.

• kevin-schaefer

September 23, 2018 at 6:44 pm

Yeah that is good you haven’t had to deal with migraines. They’re not fun haha.

• adnan-hafizovic

September 25, 2018 at 10:38 am

I also haven t problem wit migraine,but we must have take time out in afternoon,little nap and resting

• kevin-schaefer

September 25, 2018 at 11:24 am

For sure. It can be tough when it interrupts your schedule, but ultimately you have to prioritize your well-being and rest.