SMA News Forums Forums Assistive Technology Using the Amazon Fire Cube

• Using the Amazon Fire Cube

Posted by kevin-schaefer on February 4, 2019 at 7:00 am

Per DeAnn’s recommendation, I bought an Amazon Echo Fire Cube for myself, and it arrived yesterday. It’s great! With it, it essentially makes my tv a smart tv. Currently I’ve got it set up to play Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and DC Universe. It’s incredibly easy to use, and relatively inexpensive, especially considering the things it can do. Watch DeAnn’s video if you haven’t already.

Is anyone else using this device? Do you have any questions about it?

deann-r replied 5 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • deann-r

February 6, 2019 at 11:44 am

What’s your favorite feature so far?  Anything you’re not fond of with it?

• kevin-schaefer

February 6, 2019 at 3:54 pm

Amazon Prime and Netflix are working great. The only app I’m having trouble with is the DC Universe one, but I think it’s the app itself. It just recently became available on Amazon devices, so I think they’re still working out the kinks. But other than that it’s great!

• deann-r

February 7, 2019 at 1:00 pm

Some apps do work better than others.  If one locks up on you, you can go to settings and force stop in app management.  You can also clear data and cache if they still are being a nuisance.  Do you use the Fire TV app to navigate at all?  It works great if the voice commands aren’t working.

• kevin-schaefer

February 7, 2019 at 1:27 pm

I have the remote that came with it. If there’s an issue I’m ok using that. The buttons are significantly easier to press than they are on a regular remote.

• deann-r

February 10, 2019 at 6:30 pm

It’s funny, I was at my Mom’s over the weekend. She has my old Firestick. Countless times I almost started talking to it like I do with the cube. Thankfully I caught myself, but I kind of missed it.