SMA News Forums Forums SMA News Today Multimedia SMA News Today’s YouTube The Morale Monologue #22 – Foot Care Made Simple

• The Morale Monologue #22 – Foot Care Made Simple

Posted by michael-morale on May 1, 2019 at 7:00 am

https://youtu.be/CSxjF_qv0uE

In this episode of the Morale Monologue, I discussed a topic that’s extremely important for all of us who suffer from SMA. Foot care is a subject that all of us have to address, and proper foot care cannot only improve the quality of our life, it can make sitting in a wheelchair more comfortable. We have enough issues to deal with in our life, so by eliminating problems with our feet, this is one less thing that we have to worry about. I give my suggestions on how to not only help control the issue of swelling in your feet and ankles, I give you my advice on easy ways to keep your toenails trimmed.

Be sure to subscribe to the SMA News Today YouTube channel so that you don’t miss an episode of this vlog, and you can also connect with me right here on the forums page.

================================== 

Are you interested in understanding gene therapy? ExploreGeneTherapy.com has helpful information about gene therapy, including its history and how it is being investigated for the treatment of genetic diseases. Visit http://www.exploregenetherapy.com

==================================

deann-r replied 4 years, 12 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • deann-r

May 6, 2019 at 12:41 pm

Foot care is something that can easily be neglected. I’ve seen a podiatrist mainly for ingrown nails, not fun. Many, many years ago I also got a pressure sore on my heal. Like you I was being stubborn, in my case wearing inappropriate footwear. After that though I decided function over fashion was the way to go. A podiatrist is a good one to have in your pocket.

When I was a kid I loved having my foot rests off too. It’s kind of an at your own risk type deal though as it lead to my doing a face plant while flying a kite. All of a sudden my seat-belt came loose and since I didn’t have my footrests on to help me catch myself I fell right out. The kite, of course my favorite, flew across the neighbors field into the tippy top of a tree on the edge of the woods never to be flown again. My mom who was a ways away thought my pleas for help were a cat so it took a few minutes for her to come to the rescue, apparently “Mom help” and “meow” sound a lot alike. It all worked out though. From then on I was much more cautious about not having footrests, and no more Velcro seat-belts.