• Sponsored Post

Planes, Trains, & Accessible Travel With SMA

Talk to your doctor to determine if you or your child is fit to travel.

Traveling with a child is never easy. Traveling with a child in a wheelchair is an extra challenge. The first time Leah flew on an airplane, she was six months old, almost a year before she was diagnosed. We have always been a traveling family and once she was diagnosed, we were both hopeful and determined that it wouldn’t hold us back.

I have always flown with Leah by myself, just the two of us. Call me crazy; it’s OK, I am. There are some things we have learned that have made it so much easier for us.

• This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ryan Berhar 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
       Michael Morale 
      Keymaster

In this episode of the Morale Monologue, I discuss my frustrations with flying for wheelchair-users. I talk about the FAA regulations regarding safety, and not being able to travel on a plane in my wheelchair.

This is an issue that many of us with disabilities have to deal with. It’s time that those of us in chairs have the same abilities and freedoms as able-bodied individuals.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you.

==================================

Are you interested in understanding gene therapy? ExploreGeneTherapy.com has helpful information about gene therapy, including its history and how it is being investigated for the treatment of genetic diseases. Visit http://www.exploregenetherapy.com

==================================

Kevin Schaefer 
      Keymaster

Thanks for making this video!

As you know, I had an unfortunate experience flying to and from California for the conference this year. The airline employees dropped my chair three separate times, which of course caused severe damage. I got it mostly repaired today, but we’re still waiting on a few parts.

The crazy thing is that airlines don’t save any money, because they’re the ones paying for repairs. I was trying to explain it to a friend the other day, but it still blows my mind.

Ryan Berhar 
      Keymaster

Thanks for addressing this issue. It grinds my gears like nothing else.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Videos

• ©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
    or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.