SMA News Forums Forums SMA News Today Multimedia SMA News Today’s YouTube The Morale Monologue #33 – Letting Physical Therapy Students Work With SMA Patients

• The Morale Monologue #33 – Letting Physical Therapy Students Work With SMA Patients

Posted by michael-morale on October 2, 2019 at 7:30 am

https://youtu.be/WBBbMp1hT6M

Happy October everyone!

In this episode of the Morale Monologue, I’m sharing a video that I did for my physical therapist, Emily. Currently, Emily and I are working on a series of articles and videos for the SMA News Today HCP site. This healthcare professional website is designed for physical therapists, doctors, and anyone in the medical field.

This series deals with physical therapy and patients who have SMA. About three or four times a year, Emily gets physical therapy students. These are students who are completing their doctorates of physical therapy, or their physical therapy assistant (PTA) certifications. These six-week rotations allow these students to work with a wide range of patients, in both an outpatient and inpatient clinical setting.

When students work with me, I get a chance to explain what SMA is and how it affects me. Plus, these students feel more comfortable if and when they get a chance to work with another SMA patient.

Hope you all enjoy this video! If you haven’t already, please subscribe to the SMA News Today YouTube channel. We’d greatly appreciate it.

Do you have any takeaways from this video? Do you have any questions for me about physical therapy?

michael-morale replied 4 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.