• Thinking Ahead

Posted by alyssa-silva on July 23, 2020 at 11:05 am

This weekend, my family is hosting a Christmas in July party. My brother and his family have quarantined as well these last 4 months, so they have been our core group of people we have stuck by.

Aside from the fact that the Silva’s are Christmas freaks, we decided to have a little party because we don’t know what things will be like pandemic-wise when the holidays arrive. We realize there’s a good chance we may not be together if a second wave hits (or things just get exponentially worse in RI) and if my brother has to report to the office full time again.

Have you thought ahead like that? The northeast is on a downward trend with cases so we figured we’d use this time to be together while it’s a little safer.

alyssa-silva replied 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • deann-r

July 24, 2020 at 9:40 am

I’m wondering how team training for my service dog will be held when the time comes.  It’s hard to know what the situation will be.

• teri-taylor

July 24, 2020 at 9:47 am

I’m in California and it’s horrible here. I don’t let myself think about the holidays because it just makes me sad. I think we are in this mess for awhile.

• alyssa-silva

July 24, 2020 at 4:58 pm

Hm that’s a good point DeAnn. It’d be hard to train virtually, that’s for sure.

Stay safe, Teri! We have some family scattered throughout California and are keeping a close eye on what’s been happening there.