• blake-watson

October 15, 2021 at 11:07 pm

You are braver than I am. I would have chickened out way sooner. ????

• deann-r

October 19, 2021 at 9:15 am

Not sure it was the smartest idea to give it a go.

• patrick-lenihan

November 5, 2021 at 9:25 pm

In my opinion, it is almost always a smart idea to give something new a go.

• patrick-lenihan

November 3, 2021 at 4:16 pm

What are you using for a camera? I am impressed by the image stability when you are on the trails. I have an old go pro that shakes horribly when ever I go off road. How does the front wheel drive do off road?

• deann-r

November 3, 2021 at 5:13 pm

It was a GoPro. Hero 7 Black I believe is the model. I wouldn’t give it rave reviews but it gets the job done.

Have to say the front wheel drive is the bumpiest chair I’ve ever owned. I’m pretty disappointed in its off road capabilities. This fall was the worst for leaves getting stuck in the wheels too. It doesn’t get hung up as easy as the mid wheel though.

• blake-watson

November 3, 2021 at 7:09 pm

Having driven rear-wheel, mid-wheel, and front-wheel I’ve settled on mid-wheel as the optimal configuration. I don’t have offroad requirements so I can’t speak to that. But for safety, stability, and navigational prowess (I’m making up terms here lol) I think mid-wheel outperforms the other configurations by a longshot.

• patrick-lenihan

November 5, 2021 at 9:20 pm

I have experience driving both mid-wheel and rear wheel. Which one is optimal is a matter of personal preference and needs. Mid-wheel is objectively more maneuverable because they have a significantly smaller turning radius. Many mid-wheel drive chairs have a turning radius of less than 20”, whereas my rear wheel drive chair has a 24” turning radius. Rear wheel drive chairs are objectively more stable due to their design. On flat level firm surfaces both are equally safe but out doors on uneven terrain mid-wheel drive chairs are much less stable than rear wheel drive chairs and therefore not as safe. Furthermore mid-wheel drive chairs are prone to getting stuck on uneven surfaces due to the configuration of the casters in relation to the drive wheels. Rear wheel drive also tends to have higher top end speeds (I like speed ????) and more power making them more suitable for steep hilly terrain than a mid-wheel drive chair.