• Vaccine Check-In

Posted by alyssa-silva on April 29, 2021 at 11:00 am

Morning! For those of you that are getting the vaccine, how’s the process going? Are you feeling more confident about venturing out into the world again?

Just wanted to check-in and see how everyone is doing in terms of the pandemic. My uncle runs the entire vaccination system for my state and he expects us to have herd immunity (locally) by May which makes me feel a little more hopeful about life in general. It’s the little things, ya know? Ha.

dennis-turner replied 2 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • tammy

April 29, 2021 at 11:28 am

I have been fully vaccinated since the middle of March. I do feel somewhat safer but not completely. Definitely makes me feel safer at my job though since I work around hundreds of people per shift. But there still is that slight fear that lingers. Did you get yours yet? I had very little to no reactions after the shot. Other than just extreme exhaustion the following evening after my second dose. And a very swollen arm that time too. Other than that it was no big deal. I had much more of a reaction to the flu shot this year LOL

• alyssa-silva

April 29, 2021 at 3:46 pm

I’ve had my shots as well! I had reactions to both, but more so with the second. It wasn’t horrible though. Like you, some of my stress has been lifted but I’m still remaining cautious for now. I’m not ready to go to restaurants or crowded places like that, but I’m looking forward to seeing my friends and family on a more regular basis again!

• dennis-turner

April 29, 2021 at 7:37 pm

Done and over 2 weeks since. No reaction to the shot. Feel safer going out, but am still wearing a mask.