SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Video #143 – BAD EXPERIENCE FOR MY SUBSCRIBER and Helpful Advice

Tagged: 

• Video #143 – BAD EXPERIENCE FOR MY SUBSCRIBER and Helpful Advice

Posted by michael-morale on May 9, 2018 at 4:10 pm

Click HERE To View My Video

While I normally do not do videos during the middle of the week, I decided to go ahead and uploaded this video as soon as possible because it deals with a negative experience that one of my subscribers had during their first maintenance dose of Spinraza. With their permission, I’m going to detail what happened to them so that if you are ever in the same circumstance as they were, you will know exactly what to do. The PowerPoint presentation that I do in this video is only six slides and six minutes in length. My subscriber agrees with me that this video needed to go out before my usual Sunday video, because they wanted to make sure that nobody else went through what they went through.

michael-morale replied 5 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • kevin-schaefer

May 9, 2018 at 4:51 pm

Thanks for sharing Michael. I’m sorry that this happened to this person, but I think it is important to discuss these issues with other people in the SMA community. Every Spinraza process is different for each SMA patient.

• michael-morale

May 9, 2018 at 6:12 pm

I agree. Every case is different,  and not all doctors and medical staff make this protocol error, but hopefully this will help someone else avoid this problem.