SMA News Forums Forums Assistive Technology Video Game Testing

• Video Game Testing

Posted by brianna-albers on January 8, 2019 at 9:12 am

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and that your 2019 is off to a good start. I had a fun but busy vacation, so my parents and I spent the last half of December catching up on sleep and watching Lord of the Rings. Classes started yesterday though, so I’m trying to get back into the swing of things, but it’ll probably take me a few days!

I’ve written a few columns about video games, but I wanted to let y’all know about a pretty cool opportunity that has come to my attention. If you’re a gamer or are just interested in making video games accessible for people with disabilities, you can sign up for the AbleGamers Charity’s newsletter. AbleGamers gives grants to gamers with disabilities so they can purchase accessible equipment; they also partner with game developers to test video games for accessibility.

I’ve had lots of issues with inaccessible video games, so I signed up as a tester. Later today I will be testing one video game in particular, and in exchange, the company will give me $200 just for helping out! It’s a really easy way to make some extra cash, and I love knowing that I’m helping gamers like myself do the things they love.

Do you play video games, and if so, have you found the games to be pretty accessible? What would make it easier for you to play video games?

brianna-albers replied 5 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.