• Virtual SMA Conference

Posted by deann-r on June 7, 2021 at 8:00 am

Just wondering, are you attending the virtual Cure SMA Conference this year? Sounds like next year it will be irl in Anaheim, CA so I figured I’d sign up for the virtual version this year. Are you looking forward to any specific sessions? Of course the timing of the ones I’m interested in isn’t stellar so I’m playing it by ear. Gearing up for trivia night tonight though. Sounds like fun. Hope to see some of you there!

mike-huddleston replied 2 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • alyssa-silva

June 7, 2021 at 10:28 am

Where can I see the sessions for the week? I had no idea the conference was this week, so needless to say I haven’t signed up. Is it too late?

• mike-huddleston

June 7, 2021 at 4:36 pm

I don’t have all of the details, but my PT at Hopkins who does my Spinraza related assessments and I were accepted to do a poster on my exercise routine and progress at this year’s conference.  We also did about a 5 minute video to go along with it.  We will be on line to discuss @ 2 pm (eastern/1 central) on Thursday.  I believe our interaction on Thursday will be via chat.  Please stop by if you’d like to. 🙂

• kevin-schaefer

June 9, 2021 at 1:11 pm

I’ll be at the adult social tonight! You can still register here: https://annualsmaconference.configio.com/pd/13/?code=4g1Htmi1FX

• mike-huddleston

June 10, 2021 at 4:05 pm

Good seeing you and DeAnn at the social last night.  Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to catch up with DeAnn.  I think, and just my $0.02, they ought to make the breakout rooms a little smaller and a little shorter in duration.  We did two breakout rooms, and half the people from the room I was in first were also in the second one.  Still enjoyable, but would be better IMO with a slightly higher mix rate.