Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts
    • #28860
      DeAnn R
      Keymaster

      The other day I got to thinking how amazed people would be if they really understood how much I do with what limited function I have. Sometimes I feel like all they see are the things I can’t do or the things I need help with. Yesterday I reconfigured 90% of my devices to a new router. No easy task. The other 10% were plugs I just couldn’t reach, and all they had to do is press the reset button. I did the rest. Sure, my dining room now joins my bathroom where on is off and off is on because I couldn’t take the batteries out before I started, but I can deal with that. What amazing things should you get credit for? Don’t be modest, I know you guys are amazing.

    • #28887
      Blake Watson
      Participant

      I think about this sometimes. I thought I was the only one who did lol. Sometimes I think about what assumptions people make about me when I am out in public. They probably wouldn’t guess that I am a software engineer. I mean that’s totally fine; I wouldn’t expect them to. I can’t help but wonder what assumptions they make about me, though. To be fair, I’m making assumptions about them right now and I could be dead wrong so who is to say. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

      But yeah, in regards to feats of a physical nature, the one I am most proud of is when I was a kid. If I remember correctly it was maybe a year after my spinal fusion. My brother (who also has SMA) and I were home for the summer. Our dad was supposed to be watching us but he was sleeping in. We wanted breakfast. By repurposing various objects at our disposal as makeshift tools we were able to pry open a difficult drawer to get a knife. We were able to knock some crackers of a shelf. And we were able to retrieve a jar of peanut butter. Just as we brought everything to the table and prepared to enjoy our spoils, our dad walks in and says “You kids want some breakfast?”

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account