• Posted by kevin-schaefer on November 5, 2018 at 11:00 am

I’m really just venting here, but man is it frustrating trying to find weekend caregivers! All I want is someone for Saturday mornings for two hours to get me up and ready. I just keep striking out. Either the agencies I do reach out to never send me anyone, or the people I find myself never work out.

Last week I hired a CNA with years of experience who my caregiver Randy found. She seemed promising enough, but then on Saturday she overslept and called two hours after the time we agreed on. By then, my Dad was already getting me ready and I had plans to hang out with a friend all day. I’ve got a few other prospects, but it’s still back to square one.

Again, I’m just venting, but I’m sure people here can relate.

kevin-schaefer replied 5 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • adnan-hafizovic

November 6, 2018 at 11:26 am

Lol,overslept,my God,you pay them and what happend ,like she take care of you for free.

• kevin-schaefer

November 6, 2018 at 11:58 am

Oh I told her not to come when she called so late. I already had my day planned out, and I wasn’t going to rearrange it on account of her not showing up on time.

• deann-r

November 6, 2018 at 11:43 am

Gosh, I can relate.  In college I had an agency where they chose the caregivers.  There were several occasions where I had no shows.  A few times I was stuck in bed!  What surprised me is when they continued putting repeat offenders on my schedule.  It boggles my mind how irresponsible people can be especially when other lives are involved.

• kevin-schaefer

November 6, 2018 at 12:00 pm

It’s crazy. I’m fortunate that I have a great caregiver with me during the week and my parents as backup, but still. I’ve been in contact with several agencies for months and none of them have sent anyone reliable.