SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA What Motivates You?

• What Motivates You?

Posted by deann-r on November 25, 2022 at 9:37 am

With the TV on in the background a while back an interview with a motivational speaker sparked my attention. “Nobody’s gonna do it for you,” they said.

Basically, if there’s something you want, you have to put in the work and the effort to make it happen. Thinking about it, maybe there’s something to it. That’s how I got my JACO arm. Now I must apply that mentality to finding weekend coverage. It’s not going to be easy, but nobody’s gonna do it for me.
    Are there any mantras that motivate you?

alyssa-silva replied 1 year, 5 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • alyssa-silva

November 28, 2022 at 2:40 pm

”There’s no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs.” Just kidding. ???? I’m always a little offended when I see that quote floating around the internet!

I always say “my favorite accomplishment is the next one.” It’s. A good motivator for me.

• deann-r

November 29, 2022 at 1:42 pm

Ha, ha. I get their point, but I can see where it can rub you the wrong way. One thing I think the Pandemic taught us is there isn’t just one path to success. So even if stairs aren’t an option there’s other avenues to get there.

Now I’m curious, what accomplishment are you working on these days? You’ve always got something interesting going on.

• alyssa-silva

November 30, 2022 at 6:09 pm

Exactly! Right now, I’m focused on my career and work-related accomplishments. ????

• blake-watson

November 28, 2022 at 11:20 pm

“I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.”

— Douglas Adams

• deann-r

November 29, 2022 at 1:43 pm

Does this mean you’re a procrastinator?