• What Would You Do?

Posted by deann-r on March 22, 2022 at 12:22 pm

My PCA calls out sick an hour before her scheduled shift. What would you do? Here are the options I currently have available:

a. Call Mom. I know she’ll do it. She is 70 years old though and there is rain and snow in the forecast for this afternoon. She hates driving in that crap and I don’t blame her.

b. Text my most reliable backup PCA. She rarely says no, but makes it clear she doesn’t like my cat. She really doesn’t like a lot of things, but she’s usually dependable.

c. Text my two other PCA’s even though I doubt they can cover.

d. Do all of the above and see who comes through first.

e. Skip it and see if my bladder can hold it for 15+ hours.

I’m leaning towards b.  Scratch that.  She’s busy on such short notice.

blake-watson replied 2 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • carole-st-laurent

March 22, 2022 at 1:12 pm

Oh boy, have I been there, done that and still do.

I’d go with B, the reliable one

then c, but you’ll do it for nothing.

Lastly solution A, because 15+ hours is bad, plus since you didn’t know, you might have drank thinking she’ll be there soon, but noooooooooo

They say not to wish bad things upon others, but boy! Do I sometimes wish they were in MY place? LOL, that would be so funny!!! Not

• deann-r

March 23, 2022 at 9:07 am

Spot on Carole!  I ended up contacting one of the other pca’s.  She couldn’t come for several hours, but luckily I hadn’t had anything to drink yet.  I don’t know about you, but when things like this happen it just throws off my whole day.

• blake-watson

March 23, 2022 at 11:23 am

This kind of scenario is the bane of my existence. Sorry you’re having to deal with that crap. 🙁