Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jasna Grujic
      Participant

Hi all, and thank you in advance for any information!

I am from Serbia (living in US for a while now), and I am trying to help a 13 year old girl living there with SMA type 2 to get Spinraza treatment. She was recommended this several years ago, but at first the treatment was not available in Serbia. Then it got available, but only for up to certain age that she has already passed. Long story short, the doctor told parents to go abroad and pay for the treatment, and that she is to receive it ASAP. She was recommended 6 treatments, and that was 3 years ago. The parents are finally ready financially to pay out of pocket for the medication after all this time of fundraising.

I am tasked to help them find where to go. Does anyone know how to go about this? I can start emailing hospitals, but any advice is appreciated – and any contact information.

Thank you all!

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

Jasna, welcome to the forums. Great to see you being so supportive. Unfortunately I don’t have much information for you. Since Spinraza is an ongoing treatment I can’t see 6 doses being of much benefit. At one time curesma.org had a list of sites that provide treatment. I’m not sure if they still do but you could check. Best of luck to you and your friend.

Alyssa Silva
      Keymaster

Hi Jasna. Perhaps you could contact Boston Children’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts. This is where I receive treatment and I know they accept patients from around the world to receive treatment. Click the link below and their contact information will be at the top of the page. Best of luck. You’re such a great friend!

https://www.childrenshospital.org/centers-and-services/programs/o-_-z/spinal-muscular-atrophy-program

Jasna Grujic
      Participant

Thank you all.

Mike Huddleston
      Participant

Sorry so late getting to this, but I’d also suggest contacting BioGen directly.

Contact Us (biogen.com)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account