SMA News Forums Forums Fun and General Chat Would You Rather? Would You Rather – Sunburn Edition

• Would You Rather – Sunburn Edition

Posted by deann-r on June 2, 2022 at 10:00 am

Ever since I started SMA treatments it seems like I burn easily in the sun.  Sun equals warmth, so I take the risk anyway.  Although I try taking preventative measures, it’s hard.  Either I have to remember to have someone apply sunscreen or finagle it myself.  Inevitably, I get burned.  

So, today I have a two-part would you rather.  First, would you rather put in the extra effort to preventing sunburn, or just chance it?  Second, if you do get a little sunburnt do you put in the extra effort to baby it, or would you rather suck it up and move on?  For me I try to put in the extra effort not to burn, but when everything takes extra effort sometimes this one gets put on the back burner.  Same with babying the sunburn.  I might have someone apply aloe once, but asking repetitively gets old.

alyssa-silva replied 1 year, 10 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • dennis-turner

June 2, 2022 at 2:22 pm

Much to my wife’s disgust, I sit in the sun and never worry about the burn. Not even when medication I take says avoid exposure to direct sunlight.

I never treat those very rare burns either, after the second day I just turn darker.

No problems at all.

• alyssa-silva

June 2, 2022 at 5:15 pm

Thankfully, I have that Portuguese olive skin so I only burn like once a year. I try to stay diligent about putting sunscreen on my face because I have some questionable birthmarks. But other than that I don’t put any other effort in. And if I’m nursing a sunburn I just let it be.