Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Kevin Schaefer
      Keymaster

Hey everyone, check out Alyssa Silva’s latest column: https://smanewstoday.com/2018/12/07/sma-holidays-memories-yuletide-greetings-nostalgic-feelings/?amp.

I especially like what she has to say about how even though SMA is progressive and we lose certain physical abilities over time, we still retain our passions.

What do you all think? Do you have any takeaways from this column?

DeAnn R
      Keymaster

I’m glad I’m not the only one feeling this way.  Like Alyssa I consider myself a creative person.  We just dug out decorations that there is no possible way I could create today.  Even though it evokes a little sadness it also gives me a sense of accomplishment like, “Wow, I made that.”  When my nieces were babies I made them elaborate stockings.  No way I could do that now, but I’m sure glad I did it when I had the ability to do so.  Now they have a keepsake for years to come.

As you said retaining our passions is important.  Even though I can’t do what I used to, my hobbies have evolved as my disability progressed.  Even though the holidays can be a reminder of what I can’t do anymore, I don’t dwell on it and do what I can.  I also appreciate what other people create.

Kevin Schaefer
        Keymaster

Absolutely. I can’t draw anymore, but I write comic scripts and record podcasts. My passion for creativity and pop-culture never went away just because I lost a lot of physical abilities. If anything, it evolved.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account