SMA News Forums Forums Assistive Technology Amazon Prime Day Finds

• Amazon Prime Day Finds

Posted by deann-r on October 15, 2020 at 10:40 am

Not everyone has Amazon Prime, but I know many of us do. Prime Day was earlier this week where they offered discounts on many products for Prime members. Since I already have the devices I need I took the opportunity to stock up on smart plugs and charging cords. I also found a rechargeable hand warmer and a heated leg/foot messager I’m anxious to try out as well as a set of stainless reusable extra long straws. Hoping to give product reviews in an upcoming vlog. Again I passed on the Alexafied microwave. It always entices me, but I’m not sure how useful it would actually be. The touchless trash cans intrigue me, but apparently I’m not the only one as they’re always sold out. Seem kind of pricey too. Did you find any goodies? I’m sure more deals will come around closer to the holidays. I’m looking for an easier way to dispense hand sanitizer, so if you have recommendations let me know!

alyssa-silva replied 3 years, 6 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • dennis-turner

October 15, 2020 at 11:32 am

I ordered an old school electric blanket. Mine died back in April and i could not make it thru the winter without one.

I did buy a touchless trashcan a couple weeks ago. A friend had gifted us one 4 or five years ago and it finally died. I realized how very much the seemingly small act of opening a non-sensored one did me in. Things ended up dropping on the floor, requiring even more effort to clean them up.

• pamela-muhammad

October 15, 2020 at 3:28 pm

Hi I love Amazon and of course I was excited about prime day. I am interested in buying two items the ‘hand warmer and Alexa show ‘ Do anyone  have these two items ? If so please share your experiences with  them. Thank you!

• deann-r

October 15, 2020 at 4:29 pm

Pamela, I can’t attest to the handwarmer yet, but will keep you posted. I love my Show. You could get by without the screen, but just having the time and temp displayed makes it worth it to me. I even like seeing song lyrics scroll across the screen. If you have any specific questions just ask!

Dennis, what brand trash can did you go with?

• alyssa-silva

October 15, 2020 at 4:37 pm

Man, I wish this post had come a few days earlier! I would have gotten all of the things mentioned above. I bought a bunch of things for my new business as well as some things for my nonprofit organization. We always get great deals!