• Changing Clothes

Posted by deann-r on February 20, 2020 at 2:00 pm

So far this week I think I’ve spilled something on myself just about every day.  Since it’s difficult to change clothes I usually just leave it.  That got me thinking.  What do you all do if you spill on your clothes?  Do you have someone change you or is it too much of a process?

deann-r replied 4 years, 1 month ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • tracy-odell

February 20, 2020 at 3:33 pm

I really don’t like carrying spills with me on my clothing. It minds me of my childhood days in an institution where people didn’t really care how you were dressed or what you looked like. I put a towel (not a bib) on top of my chest whenever someone is helping me to eat, brushed my teeth etc. Then I remove it afterwards. I’ve never had to worry about changing a soiled top since.

• dennis-turner

February 20, 2020 at 3:43 pm

Wear it the rest of the day. As you said, it is just too much of a process.

• alyssa-silva

February 21, 2020 at 8:29 am

I guess it really depends on the type of spill for me. I’m tiny and can easily be lifted/transferred. Even so, it still requires muscle and energy to lift and then change me, so I respect that. If it’s a drop stain, I’ll rock it. If it’s more noticeable and I’m going somewhere, I’ll ask to change.

• deann-r

February 21, 2020 at 10:26 am

Yeah, if it’s a big spill and I’m going somewhere I’ll change, but more often than not I’m with Dennis.  Tracy, I do try to use your method, but usually I spill first, then wish I had thought to grab a paper towel.  My cousin made me some adult bibs that actually look nice that I do resort to using when I know I’ll be messy.