• alyssa-silva

May 5, 2019 at 8:51 pm

hey Ryan. unfortunately, I don’t have any suggestions, but I struggle with this too—especially in the winter months when I’m not doing much of anything. When I’m in a total writers’ block, I do some research. I read these forums, scope out SMA groups on social media and look for what people are asking. where can I add value and experience to help the community? how do I relate to certain topics others are talking about? hope these lil tips help ya!

• ryan-berhar

May 6, 2019 at 4:53 pm

Thanks!

• kevin-schaefer

May 6, 2019 at 5:34 pm

Great tips Alyssa!

Yeah, it’s a struggle for all of us. There are days when I think I’ve said everything there is to say about life with SMA, and then another idea pops into my head. Oftentimes for me, it’s the little interactions every day that spark an idea.

Also, you may try experiencing new things: taking classes, joining groups, visiting new places, etc. New experiences will give you something to write about.

• deann-r

May 6, 2019 at 5:45 pm

Alyssa and Kevin have great suggestions. One thing I know you recently went through was pneumonia. I know you’ve touched on it, but a more in depth article on that might be interesting. Especially like how you found out it was pneumonia, if you went to the hospital & why or why not, the recovery process and just things like that. Just a thought.

• ryan-berhar

May 7, 2019 at 5:39 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll ponder it