SMA News Forums Forums Our Community Adults ​With​ ​SMA Columnist Writes About Approaching Stress Differently

• Columnist Writes About Approaching Stress Differently

Posted by alyssa-silva on April 13, 2020 at 12:59 pm

I’m sure stress is prevalent for many of us right now, and it’s not just me. How are you feeling these days?

My most recent column is all about how my body reacts to stress and how I’m learning to combat it. Physical stress usually presents itself with GI issues for me, but they’re nothing ordinary. I get severe acid reflux then aspirate, vomiting, fevers, chills, and so on. Within a few hours, you’d never know I was violently ill. That’s how quickly I rebound.

I went into greater detail about it here, but I’d love to know: have you experienced stress like this before? I refer to these reactions as “episodes” but maybe they’re ANS storms?

deann-r replied 4 years ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • deann-r

April 13, 2020 at 2:46 pm

Sorry to hear you’re going through this Alyssa. I can relate to the acid reflux issue although not those after effects. Medication and sleeping on an incline has helped me. I haven’t noticed a correlation to stress in my case. Glad you can recognize it though and try to take steps to take care of yourself.